The video is a bit long and I think loses some of the energy and interactivity that was probably in the room that day but it makes five strong points on how to approach digital storytelling in what I like to coin the Experiential Age.
1. "Unpack Everything" - the concept of dissecting and atomising content only to then rebuild in new and innovative ways.
2. "Mix linear with non-linear" - time stands still and moves forward, not only driven by new distribution platforms but now more and more content is produced to be consumed in various ways and stories are told as matrices rather than lines.
3. "Celebrate convergence" - bringing it all back together, across all platforms, everywhere and at all times. Have fun with this one!
4. "Mix the physical with digital" - in line with the internet of things, a growing trend to bring back stories into the 'real' world to drive and affect actual behaviour change.
5. "Be Open" - the simplest and yet most powerful of the five. Stories come alive when there is an audience that interacts with them, enhancing and changing them along the way.
If you have time, check out the video below.